- Child Custody
- Child Custody Modification
- CHILD SPOUSAL SUPPORT
- Child Support
- Child Visitation
- Family Law Appeals
- Family Law
- Fathers Rights
- Fathers’ Rights
- Gay & LGBT Family Law
- Grandparents Rights
- Grandparents’ Rights
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Legal Separation
- Modification of Visitation
- Orders of Protection
- Property Division
- Property Division/Equitable Distribution
- NYC Same-Sex Divorce Lawyers
- Separation Agreements
- Visitation Rights
- Criminal Defense
- DUI / DWI
recent case results
Gun Possession 10 years in jail
Kidnapping 12 years in jail
Homicide 6 years in jail
Homicide 6 years in jail
Drug Possession 9 years in jail
DUI (.15) 3 years in jail
Felony DUI (.13) 5 years in jail
DUI (.09) 6 years in jail
uncontested divorce lawyers nyc
If you and your spouse have decided to separate, filing divorce papers gives you legal protection for your rights and finances so you can both move on with your lives. The legal team at Spodek Law Group can help you file for an uncontested divorce in New York, representing your interests and resolving the matter quickly and amicably.
NYC Divorce Requirements
Certain residency criteria need to be met in order to file for an uncontested divorce in New York:
- The marriage took place in New York, and either party has lived there for a year or more prior to filing
- The marriage took place out of state, but the couple lived together in New York and either party has been living there for a year or more prior to filing
- The grounds for divorce (see below) took place in the state, and either party has lived there for a year or more prior to filing
- The grounds for divorce took place in-state, and both parties were residents at the time.
- Either party has lived in New York for two years of more
Grounds for an Uncontested Divorce in New York
- Irretrievable breakdown of the marriage for six months or longer. Under these grounds for divorce, no party is at fault.
- Cruel and inhuman treatment by either party
- Abandonment of one year or more
- Imprisonment of three years or more
- Legal separation of a year or longer
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for an Uncontested Divorce?
Even in an uncontested divorce, legal representation can help ensure you — and your children — are provided for in the long run. Unfortunately, amicable separations don’t always stay amicable. Having a lawyer process your uncontested divorce in New York can help safeguard your interests, particularly with regard to spousal support, distribution of property and child support, custody and visitation.
Why Spodek Law Group?
We’ve been treating our customers like family since 1976. Our attorneys are available around the clock to meet your needs during the divorce process, even if all you need is a friendly ear to ease your late-night doubts. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. Page updated on 11/15/13.